3 1/2 – 6 years
This is a period of great transition for your child. As children begin school, many opportunities open up for them to learn, grow and make new friends.
Your role as a parent changes but remains essential to your child. Your child will need your care and support as he or she begins school and finds his or her place. It’s the time to learn more about your child’s day at school — through listening to him or her and through meeting his or her teacher. This will help you be ready to fully support your child’s learning.
Here are some Free Programs for you and your family. We try to offer them as often as possible throughout the year. Check our back often to see when they are running.
- Nobody's Perfect ParentingA six week class for parents of children 0-6 years. We focus on health, safety, development and behaviour.
- Play & LearnFREE drop-in programs where parents and their children come to visit others, play, and learn along the way! Open play time, crafts, stories, songs, and more!
- Learning & Language Activities from A-ZLearning can happen anywhere! Free books, activities and more to take home and put into practice.LEARN MORE
- Speech & Language TipsCome and hang out with a Speech Language Pathologist and learn ways to help your child communicate.
- Routines: From Stress to StructureJoin a public health nurse and others to learn about the importance of routines and how to build them with your child.
- Literacy FunOur Early Literacy Specialist will share ideas on easy learning activities to take home and put into practice.