2 1/2 – 3 1/2 years
Between the ages of 2½ and 3½, preschoolers are learning new things faster than ever. Their language is blossoming. They are now using words to explain what they want and how they feel.
A pre-schooler’s imagination is rich at this age. As their play becomes more creative, parents may hear them talking about imaginary friends and places. Joining your preschooler in her play helps you build a positive relationship with your child.
Here are some Free Programs for you and your family. We try to offer them as often as possible throughout the year. Check our back often to see when they are running.
- Nobody's Perfect ParentingA six week class for parents of children 0-6 years. We focus on health, safety, development and behaviour.
- Play & LearnFREE drop-in programs where parents and their children come to visit others, play, and learn along the way! Open play time, crafts, stories, songs, and more!
- Learning & Language Activities from A-ZLearning can happen anywhere! Free books, activities and more to take home and put into practice.
- Speech & Language TipsCome and hang out with a Speech Language Pathologist and learn ways to help your child communicate.
- Routines: From Stress to StructureJoin a public health nurse and others to learn about the importance of routines and how to build them with your child.
- Literacy FunOur Early Literacy Specialist will share ideas on easy learning activities to take home and put into practice.