1 1/2 – 2 1/2 years
Your child is now more mobile and independent. Your child understands that he or she is learning new skills and will want to do things on his or her own.
A toddler’s energy and persistence can be both a challenge and a great opportunity. During this period children learn to play with each other and interact with adults. This becomes the foundation for your child’s future relationships within and outside the family.
Your toddler is continuing to learn what to expect from you in everyday situations. Having a positive and patient relationship with your child will help him grow into a confident and healthy preschooler.
Here are some Free Programs for you and your family. We try to offer them as often as possible throughout the year. Check our back often to see when they are running.
- Nobody's Perfect ParentingA six week class for parents of children 0-6 years. We focus on health, safety, development and behaviour.
- Play & LearnFREE drop-in programs where parents and their children come to visit others, play, and learn along the way! Open play time, crafts, stories, songs, and more!
- Learning & Language Activities from A-ZLearning can happen anywhere! Free books, activities and more to take home and put into practice.
- Speech & Language TipsCome and hang out with a Speech Language Pathologist and learn ways to help your child communicate.
- Routines: From Stress to StructureJoin a public health nurse and others to learn about the importance of routines and how to build them with your child.
- Literacy FunOur Early Literacy Specialist will share ideas on easy learning activities to take home and put into practice.