Pregnancy is an exciting time of great change and many new questions. Day by day, month by month, pregnancy is slowly changing your body. You become more aware of a new role you will play in having a child. Understanding what to expect will help you to get ready for delivery and welcoming your newborn into your family.
To get ready to welcome your newborn, it is important to:
- keep yourself and your baby healthy and safe
- prepare yourself and your partner for new roles as parents
- create a loving and caring environment for your child
Click on the links below to learn how you can Start it off right!
Here are some Free Programs for you and your family. We try to offer them as often as possible throughout the year. Check our back often to see when they are running.
- Prenatal ClassesMonthly series of 5 classes. Information on nutrition, lifestyle, labour and delivery, infant care and breastfeeding. Registration required – 519.352.7270 x 2903.
- Building Healthy BabiesInformation on pregnancy, nutrition and parenting. Food coupons and more!
- Nobody's Perfect ParentingA six week class for parents of children 0-6 years. We focus on health, safety, development and behaviour.
- Understanding Your BabyExpecting and new parents and caregivers of infants are invited to attend this FREE workshop. Join our discussion on becoming a parent, parenting styles, and how babies communicate including infant states of awareness, behaviours, and cues. Babies are born to tell you what they want. Knowing what your baby is telling you will make your job as a parent easier.
- Prenatal and Postpartum Mood and Anxiety DisordersA support group for pregnant and new moms with anxiety and depression. Offered at Chatham-Kent OEYC. Registration required – 519.352.7270 x 2903